Actuaries help Federated prepare for the future. They combine financial and economic information with their knowledge of past events to predict our organization's future financial outlook in claims, investments, premium, and expenses. Actuaries:
- Determine appropriate price levels for Federated's insurance products
- Calculate the amount of money Federated needs to meet its financial obligations to policyholders
- Develop new or revised rating and statistical plans
- Apply computer programming skills and spreadsheet knowledge
- Employ predictive analytics
- Work independently, in a team setting, and with other departments
- Present information to company managers and executives
Federated encourages promotion from within, creating opportunities for employees to grow and develop in their actuarial role. Your opportunities to advance are based on a combination of exam success, individual performance, experience, and business need.
The actuarial field is unique in that it requires members to pass a series of exams during the course of their career. Each exam provides you with increased knowledge, advancement opportunities, and a higher standing in the actuarial profession. Federated encourages employees to work toward achieving fellowship status.
Federated supports its employees by providing study materials, paying exam and seminar fees, and providing monetary awards for passing scores. Up to 35 hours of office time to study for each hour of exam time is also provided, supporting the additional 60-70 hours of home study most actuaries spend for each hour of exam time. Professional actuarial designations include FCAS, ACAS, FSA, and ASA.
Learn more about our hiring process, where we share a summary of each step and tips on interviewing to prepare you for potential employment with us.