Camelia L. Clarke, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was elected to the Board of Directors of the Federated Insurance Companies. The election took place at the Annual Meeting of Policyholders held April 19, 2022, at Federated Insurance Companies’ home office in Owatonna, Minnesota.
Clarke is the president and licensed funeral director of Paradise Memorial Funeral and Cremation Services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Paradise Memorial Funeral and Cremation Services provides compassionate care and support for families they work with. In addition to funerals, they provide cremations and memorial services.
Clarke takes great pride in learning and understanding everything she can. Her extensive education, includes but is not limited to a diploma in mortuary science from Worsham College of Mortuary Science, bachelor’s degree in business administration from Cardinal Stritch University, executive master of business administration degree from Marquette University, and a doctorate in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
With more than 26 years of extensive entrepreneurship management and death care experience, Clarke has favorably launched, acquired, operated, and divested multiple death care, real estate, burial insurance, and personal care entities. She has also proudly written and published three publications and working papers.
Her work has been recognized by many, earning her many honors and awards, including:
- 2021 Leadership Award from Wisconsin Funeral Directors Association
- 2018 Doctoral Consortium Recipient from Northwestern University
- 2017 Doctoral Consortium Recipient from the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- 2016 Emerging Leader & Fifty under 40 Recipient from the National Funeral Directors Association
- 2012 PhD Project attendee
Several organizations have benefited from Clarke’s professional experience over the years. As a funeral director, she is an active member of, and has or had leadership in:
- Wisconsin Funeral Directors Association
- Milwaukee Waukesha Funeral Directors Association
- National Funeral Directors Association
- Selected Independent Funeral Homes
- National Funeral Director Mortician Association
- Cremation Association of North America
“Camelia enjoys giving back to her community, state, and industry, and is currently or has been a member, board director and officer of nearly 20 religious, academic, and industry associations,” said Jeff Fetters, chairman, Federated Insurance. “As such, her expertise, drive, and motivation make her an excellent addition to the Board of Directors.”
Founded in 1904, Federated Insurance is a national insurance and risk management organization that serves the property, casualty, and life insurance needs of clients in select industries. The organization has 523 recommendations from state, regional, and national associations and buying groups and is rated A+ (Superior) by industry analyst A.M. Best.
At Federated Insurance, It’s Our Business to Protect Yours.®
Published Date:May 05, 2022