Federated Insurance sales team members have an entrepreneurial spirit. Known as Marketing Representatives, these energetic professionals build relationships with business owners and top executives in their community—ultimately becoming their trusted insurance advisor. Here are a few reasons to pursue a career in insurance sales at Federated…
- Meaningful work: Commercial insurance is vital to our economy. Without proper coverage and risk management, businesses may close following fires, natural disasters, lawsuits, or other devastating events. Marketing Representatives help employers keep the lights on. It is meaningful work that helps create a positive ripple effect through communities.
- Business-to-business: Federated Marketing Representatives sell to businesses Monday through Friday during the work day. Their clients are community leaders, business owners, and accomplished individuals. Commercial insurance is more complex than personal insurance, so there are always new challenges and problems to solve.
- Independence and flexibility: A Marketing Representative career is similar to owning your own franchise—but without the upfront financial investment or overhead costs. With the ability to manage their own time and daily activities, Marketing Representatives can work flexible hours and adjust their routines as needed.
- Training and support: While typically working independently, Marketing Representatives are never “on their own.” They are supported through training, managers, and a team of co-workers. Recent graduates complete a paid, eight-month training program in Owatonna, Minnesota. Experienced new hires benefit from a series of paid training seminars.
- Advancement and development opportunities: Federated believes in promoting from within and Marketing Representatives have numerous advancement opportunities. Employees can seek promotion into sales management, association account executive roles, and other leadership positions throughout the organization.
- Compensation and incentives: Marketing Representatives enjoy guaranteed base pay, competitive benefits, and unlimited earning potential. The average Marketing Representatives earns six figures annually. Plus, those who meet sales goals earn incentives, including international travel, merchandise, cash bonuses, and more.
Federated is hiring entry-level and experienced sales professionals. View our brochure to learn more!