Learning for Today and for the Future
Federated is a learning organization focused on self-development. Some new employees are trained in a classroom environment, while others learn in a one-on-one setting. Either way, you’ll receive the practical knowledge needed to do your job well. Supervisors, managers, and team members all work together to help new employees understand their roles and responsibilities. By helping you increase your knowledge and develop your skills, you’re positioned to be successful; and as a result, Federated becomes stronger and more effective in serving our clients.
Employees looking to expand their knowledge are professionally—and often financially—supported at Federated. We offer access to numerous classes at our onsite Learning Center, which offers:
- Business skills classes addressing topics such as leadership, time management, communication, and team building.
- New employee training.
- A library of books, workbooks, DVDs, audio CDs, and self-study materials.
- Specialized insurance industry seminars and classes.
- Insurance education programs that award professional designations upon completion.
Development Training Programs - Designed for the New College Grad
Federated has designed specialized development training programs for Claims, Sales/Marketing, Underwriting, and Field Services that are among the finest in the industry. These extensive courses last 6 to 12 months, and provide a thorough background in insurance concepts, products, and risk management.
Insurance Industry Certifications and Designations
The insurance industry offers many opportunities to increase your knowledge through self-study courses. Many of these programs award professional designations when you complete them. Federated encourages and assists employees by paying:
- Most exam fees and the cost of books for insurance courses.
- First-year expenses for new recipients of certain designations to attend the annual meeting and conferment conference of the insurance society awarding the designation.
- Cash awards for successfully completing exams.
- Dues for local and national insurance society membership.
Federated offers tuition assistance for employees seeking their initial undergraduate degree.