Seeking the Best of the Best
To continue our 110+ years of success, we know we have to continue to hire the right people. Our goal is to match people to roles in which they can excel. Federated looks for highly motivated people with suitable experience, academic records, abilities, and skills. But looking good on paper isn’t enough. We also look for evidence of professionalism, integrity, and a strong work ethic.
Our hiring process is a two-way street. Besides assessing you as a match for a position, we provide information to help you decide whether Federated is well-suited for you. We invite you to evaluate us with the same care we use to evaluate you.
- We will review your qualifications and experiences to determine if you might be a match for the specific position you referenced or for other positions that may be open in the future.
- We retain your résumé for up to 3 years and consider it as new positions become available.
- Federated may contact you for a screening interview by phone or on campus. During this conversation, we’ll ask you to tell us more about your experience, goals, skills, and interests.
- We may invite you to interview with the hiring manager. This will be a behavioral-based interview during which we ask you questions about your behavior in specific types of situations.
- You may be asked to complete some employment tests, which help us predict your success in certain positions.
- We will contact previous employers and other references.
- You may have an opportunity to job shadow the position.
- You may be asked to return for additional interviews with other hiring managers.
- We will complete background checks.
Accept an Offer
- You may receive an offer to begin an exciting new career at Federated!
- If you accept our job offer, you must pass our drug test prior to your first day of employment.
The hiring process may take several weeks. If you’re curious about your status at any point during the process, please call the Federated employee with whom you have been interacting.