Information Technology professionals identify solutions to business needs. Federated’s Information Technology department is called Information Services (IS). Federated’s IS professionals work with internal business partners (e.g., claims, sales, underwriting) to develop, integrate, and support insurance software in the business environment. They also develop and support Federated’s network and mainframe infrastructure.
The IS role that is associated with an established Career Path is the Systems Developer position.
Characteristics of a Successful Systems Developer
- Is skilled at analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Can manage multiple priorities and stay organized.
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively.
- Has leadership experience or potential.
- Works well in a team environment.
System Developers receive extensive training. New System Developers complete a 4-month, in-house training program. Training continues through one-on-one training, in-house courses, computer-based training, and outside courses and conferences.
See Systems Developer: Your Future Opportunity to learn more about the Systems Developer Career Path at Federated.