OSHA has adopted the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals as the new standard for hazard communication. Employers are required to provide training to employees on the new labeling elements and Safety Data Sheet formats. Training should include:
- What is GHS?
- Understanding GHS labels
- Safety Data Sheets (formerly MSDS)
Federated's Shield Network (FSN)
For direct access to helpful HAZCOM materials, Federated clients are encouraged to log on to Federated’s Shield Network®. Complimentary support materials available to Federated clients include (to view the following topics, please first log in to Federated’s Shield Network®).
- Complimentary materials include:
- Hazard Communication Training
- Glossary of Terms
- OSHA Consultation Directory
- Copy of the Hazard Communication Rule
- Training Video Follow Along Guide to assist in employee training
- Labels and Safety Data Sheets
- Sample Written Program
- Safety Program Request
Risk Management Resource Center (RMRC)
Clients may also tap into the expertise of our RMRC consultants for additional guidance and more information about the resource materials available.
Published Date:August 27, 2018
Categories: Risk Management Focus