Federated Insurance Encourages Members to Ignite Safety – Not Flames - During National Fire Prevention Awareness Week

Fire is an active threat to any business. It can start easily, spread quickly, and cause severe damage or life-threatening injuries. Out of more than 110,000 non-residential building fires in 2019, only 3.4 percent were caused by natural disasters.1 The remaining 96.6 percent of these fires may have been preventable and often resulted in property damage, smoke-damaged inventory, lost revenue, and life-changing employee injuries or death. During National Fire Prevention Week, October 3-9, 2021, Federated Insurance® is encouraging members to ignite safety – not flames – at their business.

Leading up to Fire Prevention Week, Federated member clients will receive an informative, industry-specific mailer and email featuring:

  • Compelling statistics and information about the cost and prevalence of non-residential fires.
  • Fire safety meeting talking points to help facilitate a meaningful discussion with employees.
  • A brief fire safety employee training video focused on the common hazards that could threaten their business.
  • A link to an industry-specific fire prevention checklist.

No business is immune to fire — it could happen to you. Member clients can access additional fire prevention resources, including sample hazard checklists, workplace posters, and training materials, any time via mySHIELD®. Clients can also reach out to Federated’s knowledgeable Risk Management Resource Center for personal consultation on fire prevention topics.

About Federated Insurance

Founded in 1904, Federated Insurance is a national insurance and risk management organization that serves the property, casualty, and life insurance needs of clients in select industries. The organization has more than 500 recommendations from state, regional, and national associations and buying groups and is rated A+ (Superior) by industry analyst A.M. Best®.

1. U.S. Fire Statistics. U.S. Fire Administration. 2019. https://www.usfa.fema.gov/data/statistics/#causesNR. Accessed July 21, 2021.

 

Contact:

 Lisa Hagenson
 Association Risk Management Services
 Federated Insurance Companies

Phone:  507-455-5118
E-mail:  lmhagenson@fedins.com

Published Date:September 27, 2021

Categories: Posts - Affinity Partners