Federated Claims Representatives have the rewarding and challenging task of investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and resolving claims. By providing excellent claims service, they help demonstrate the true value of owning a Federated insurance policy. They are trained to be prompt, fair, and courteous in handling claims and helping policyholders recover from a devastating event. A successful Claims Representative will:
- Work with clients, physicians, attorneys, contractors, and others to ensure claims are resolved in a prompt, fair, and courteous manner;
- Explain policy coverage to clients and third parties;
- Gather evidence and document facts relating to claims;
- Determine the value of damaged items;
- Negotiate settlements with clients or third parties;
- Resolve claims, which may include paying, settling, or denying claims, defending policyholders in court, compromising, or recovering outstanding dollars.
You will benefit from a defined, 12-month program of development activities; including operations and technical training in insurance, claims, policies, and negotiations; designed to teach you the fundamentals of commercial claims and prepare you to service clients. Your training takes place in the local service office, and is supplemented by training classes at Federated Insurance corporate headquarters in Owatonna, MN.
Claims field career path roles are staffed based on business need and may include the following opportunities: Claims Representative I, II, III; Claims Supervisor I, II; Claims Team Supervisor; and Regional Claims Manager.
Federated has claims offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Owatonna, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Tampa.